Wednesday 4 February 2015

Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins (#3 of the Sweet Trilogy)

IMG_0956
Original TItle: Sweet Reckoning
Year Published: 2014
Published by: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of Pages: 379
First Sentence: "Not a soul in the Vegas cocktail lounge had any idea demons were in their midst,"
Goodreads rating: 5/5

Plot (taken from Goodreads):
It’s time. 

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.
My thoughts:
I loved it! I had been looking forward to reading this book for so long, but for some reason never got around to it. I picked it up two days ago and binge read it. I love it so so much. It's amazing and such a good ending to the story. I even cried, and I rarely cry when reading books these days.
Oh Anna. She has come so far since the first book and I love her. She is a proper badass with a good heart. 
Kaidan is my guy. He is just so... so fantastical. This guy who tries to come of as a proper bad buy but is as soft as a marshmallow on the inside. My kind of guy. And the ending... oh you will cry. We all sigh for Kai.
Marna and Jay. Oh my. Higgins be breaking my heart. It's sad and beautiful. I will say no more. Ginger? She gets her redemption. Blake? You gotta love Blake. Kope and Zania? Oh man, they are both so amazing. Patti? Oh man, I love Patti so much.
This whole book is just so... I can't really put words to it. It probably has many flaws and plotholes but I don't care. I loved it and the way the story ended. It will make you laugh, cry and then sigh with content when you finally close it after reading the last page. At least that's what I did.
Do I recommend it?
YES! I recommend all of the Sweet books. Go read! Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment